Sunday 20 January 2013

Finding Images

I decided I wanted to used found photography for my work. I chose to look for negatives as I liked the idea of not knowing what I was getting until properly enlarging in the darkroom. I decided to look on a bidding website - ebay. I had no idea what I would find or even if anyone would be selling of photographs at all. It was quite hard to find a set of negatives that had no description and were not extremely expensive but in the end I ordered some old-looking black and which 35mm. I liked the excitement of having no idea what was on them, although ultimately I was taking a risk as they could have been awful quality, over exposed, under exposed or completely blank. However when I opened them I found out I had purchased what seemed to be film stills from A Clockwork Orange. I enlarged some of the images and soon will be looking into how I can present them in a way to completely take them out of set their context.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment