Saturday 1 December 2012

Year 2

Last year for my independent project I looked at how words can affect images and how words used in images can create a whole new piece of art. I added words to old, boring found images to make them more interesting and meaningful. This year I think I will continue to use found photography and possibly explore ways in which I could change the artists intention. I will start by returning to look at Barbra Kruger's work and investigating her use of appropriation to portray her views. I then hope to gather a collection of used images myself to work with as I really like the idea of recycling images as there are too many in the world. Last year I used old family-taken photographs. This year I intend to dig deeper and find old photographers images and hidden treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment